Git Tips: Amend previous commit and keep commit message
$ git commit --amend --no-edit
Nuggets: Laracon NYC 2014
Domain Driven Design
- Laravel Forge - Instant PHP Platforms On Linode, DigitalOcean, AWS, & Rackspace.
- Laravel Cashier - Laravel + Stripe = Painless subscription billing.
- Laravel Homestead - Laravel Homestead is an official, pre-packaged Vagrant “box” that provides you a wonderful development.
- Laravel Settler - The scripts that build the Laravel Homestead environment.
- Deckset - Great-looking slides from simple Markdown files
- gulp.js - The streaming build system
- browserify - Browsers don’t have the require method defined, but Node.js does. With Browserify you can write code that uses require in the same way that you would use it in Node.
- watchify - Update any source file and your browserify bundle will be recompiled on the spot.
- GIF sockets - Real Time communication library using Animated Gifs as a transport/
- vaprobash - Chris Fidao’s Vagrant provisioning bash scripts.
- serversforhackers Newsletter - Chris Fidao’s devops 101 newsletter.
- papertrail - Cloud hosted log management.
Git Tips: Branches not Merged
Code PaLOUsa 2014 - Your Lazyweb Itinerary
You can keep flipping channels in your cozy hotel room, I’ve done the work of planning tomorrow’s itinerary for you. Here are the talks to sit in on this week at Code PaLOUsa in Louisville, KY.
- Ember.js, Jesse Cravens, Jones
- Agile, Martin Harbolt, Segell
- NoSQL vs SQL, Simon Elliston Ball, French
- When Code Reacts to Data, Jessica Kerr, Jones
- Environmental I/O with Android IOIO, Scott Sullivan, Doing interesting experiments with Arduino
- Managing Developers, Jonathan Mills,
- Web apps that look native, Rob Tarr, French
- Designing in the browser with Sass, Chris Michel, Combs Chandler
- Getting Started with Glass, Jacob Rutledge, Segell
- JMeter load testing, Michael Dowden, Stopher
- Job queues, Ole Michaelis, Stopher
- Superman is not a good Agile Team Member, Karen Siers, French
- Domain-driven design, Reza Rahman, Segell
- Finding and using big data - Hadoop, Simon Elliston Ball, Combs Chandler
- Avoiding UI Mistakes, Danielle Cooley, Grand Ballroom A
- Virtualize your stack with Vagrant and Puppet, Jacob Mather, Jones
- Using Node and Grunt to create an awesome workflow, Vernon Kesner, French
- SOLID design patterns, Philip Japiske, Segell
Git Tips: Argh! I forgot to add something to that last commit
$ git add app/file/that-i-forgot.js
$ git commit --amend
Agile Software Manifesto Principle #10
Simplicity—the art of maximizing the amount of work not done—is essential